Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pretty Lady Washington (AKA "Interceptor" in Pirates of the Carribean)

The Lady Washington and the Hawaiian Chieftain were both docked in our area awhile ago and we had the opportunity to climb aboard and explore.  I took some snapshots of some of the details of the ships and then later, when the two ships sailed out into the bay, we sailed S/V New Perspective out as well and took some more shots of them.  One of the photos was taken by Emily and she entered it in the local fair.  I'm happy to report she took the "Best of Show" award for her age category!!  Enjoy the photos....we sure enjoyed taking them!!


Some o'me hearties were actually onboard for this sail!!








Can you imagine the amount of paint and labor that goes into these magnificent ships??











AND....here they are....me hearties!!  L to R:  Jim, Mags, Claudette and Ryan above (one of the crew members of the Lady Washington) and another crew member :)





This is my nephew manning the cannons!!


And I thought WE had a lot o' lines onboard!!


Lauren and Emily





I totally want my food locker on the NP to look like this one!!


Just before they started firing the cannons.


Christopher





AND.....the final photo.  Emily's winning shot!!

s/v NP

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Beautiful boats. If anyone ever gets a chance to see them, they should definately take advantage of the opportunity. My favorite part was actually going to see below deck.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh...well, darn...just color me GREEN with jealousy!

My Watery Link, if you'd care to visit is here:
FOSTER'S TERN
Have a glorious day!

Jeannette StG said...

Incredible pics!! Looks like you all had the time of your life!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Oh, this looks like great fun!


THE BEST WATER

With water they say that the best
Is clearest when put to the test;
No sediment there
To cause wear and tear—
Pure water sure beats all the rest!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Stream in Grasslands

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...